I – Indictment. An accusation of wrongdoing that remains to be proven.
M – Motion. A parliamentary procedure initiated to effect change.
P – Political Process. Being a numbers game, it is not a legal process.
A – Aquino. Whether he admits it or not, he cannot deny the fact that he has a hand in the impeachment of the Chief Justice.
H – House of Representatives. The chamber that starts the ball rolling for the impeachment procedure.
M – Macapagal-Arroyo. She is the reason why the Chief Justice is in hot water.
E – England. This was where the first recorded impeachment process was made in the 1300s.
N – Nineteen Eighty-Seven. The year when the current Philippine constitution was ratified, where the grounds for impeachment include culpable violation of the Constitution, bribery, graft and corruption, and betrayal of public trust. Incidentally, the constitution was ratified during the time of President Corazon Aquino, the current President’s mother.
T – Truth. We all want to trust this impeachment process. Let the truth come out.
- [In the Web] Chief justice impeached for ‘supporting Arroyo’ (dars0357.wordpress.com)
- Impeached (1rgcruz.wordpress.com)
- CJ Corona Impeached: “Tuwid na Daan” Takes a “Biglang Liko” (akosijcmasajo.wordpress.com)
- Philippines’ Chief Justice impeached (dinmerican.wordpress.com)
- Casiño explains support for impeachment of Corona (politika2013.wordpress.com)